Follow the link to the official Baltimore County press release. Here are some points from the release:
- Never give personal or banking information (account and routing numbers) over the phone.
- Attempt to verify the identity of unknown callers, and if possible obtain a callback number. Remember, the phone number could be linked to a fraudulent location.
- Never mail currency or checks to an unknown business or person(s).
- Alert a close family member/friend and call police if the call appears to be suspicious.
- Call the Baltimore County Taxpayer Services Section at 410-887-2404 if you have questions about your property taxes.
- Call 911 immediately if a suspicious person comes to your door claiming to be a Baltimore County official collecting property taxes. Baltimore County does not make home visits to collect taxes.